Junk Yard Blockout Madness!!!!...........

Iv been working on a 3D blockout of how the Junk Yard could look for the film Junk Yard using Maya. I wanted to create a general visualisation and test out some lighting etc.
BUT.........
Because I litterally used lots n' LOTS of block for the blockout of junk mounds, my pc naturally couldn't handle it when it came to rendering, my proccessor even made sounds I had never heard ANY proccessor or even PC do in my life lol. I only managed to be able to get 'Maya Software' renders of just the mounds of scrap and surrounding walls because every time I tried to do a any sort of render using Mental Ray the software would just shut down, and totally destroy my pc's memory usage. In fact, I actually had a different blockout to the one I have now but I hadn't saved it when I 1st attempted Mental Ray render (Such a AMATURE mistake!!), and as you can guess Maya just died on me.

So heres a few renders of the second blockout. As I mentioned, I couldn't test out some nice lighting, so lpease mind the crapness :P.............. also left out a few extra things on the second attempt such as cranes, etc..............







No comments: