Junk Start........

First signs of life for the Junk Food environment. With the nature of the project, we can't really model scenes vaguely, they all have to be specific to the shots of the animation. So me and Tash (who are assigned to model the environment) have been abit confused as to what we need to model for the first part of the term as the group hadn't produced final final storyboards (naughty us), though honestly speaking we should have come up with finished designs ourselves too.

But anyhooo........ now we have gotten a jump start with some awesome digital concept/storyboard/thumbnails from our director Chris, and Iv chosen to start on the valley to the junkyard.

_________________________________

Although its not too relative I thought Id jus post this screenshot. Maybe others might try it out.



Having to constantly go back and forth through windows to check out Chris's design when moddelling was starting to agitate me, so I thought 'hey, why not put the design into maya like reference board or sumin'....... So I did :P...... I don't have a great deal of use for the perspective view in the corner when modelling in orthographic views, so I mapped the design as a texture onto a plane and focused the view in perspective onto it. Thus, making one of my views my refference, saving me switching through windows...............

________________________________

One thing Im having to do for the moddelling of this scene, and I feel Ill be making use of this alot for this project, is to soften or harden edges, luckily something Iv only recently picked up from Anja.



Although the curving of the arch was how I wanted it, it still rigit due to the light reflecting off the geometry.


So I simply selected the edges that were giving the unwanted effect, then in the polygon menu did Normals>Soften Edge.


And the end result.

__________________________________________


Heres what I have so far........ not much........ but at least we'r gettin somewhere now......




No comments: